Here we go.....




Friday, March 11, 2011

Meal Plan March 2011

As I update, I am bumping this to the top. I did change beef stew for chili because I had all the ingredients. Why buy new stuff if you already have other stuff right? I also changed the Japanese meal to soup. My Mom told me about a TV cooking show where they basically made cream of carrot soup Japanese style. I am going to try that, I have TONS of carrots to use up! (and isn't this a pretty color? I'd like to have a tshirt this color!)

I really struggle with meal portions and getting overall volumes correct. This month I am aiming for 10 meals that are completely eaten, leftovers and all. Usually a meal lasts us 3 days (so tired of it after 3 days too).

- Chicken fajitas/tacos - done! YAY ME!
- chicken stir fry
- Some sort of red bell pepper cream pasta (I just bought 15 red peppers) with either chicken or pureed navy beans
- Spaghetti (beef)
- home made cream of mushroom soup (epic fail, my milk separated and I made disgusting mushroom cottage cheese)
- veggie plate, red lentils & cider potato/brussel sprout medley & carrots - Done! yay me!
- breakfast casserole (turkey sausage, cheese, grits, eggs) - done!
- chili - done!
- japanese carrot soup
- chicken hominy soup

Breakfasts - I'd like to use up every last bit of flavored oatmeal, regular oatmeal and some of the kashi cereal so I feel comfortable in ordering our bulk steel cut oats. I got some awesome fruit and nuts for it.

Lunch - hummus, egg sandwiches, PB sandwiches, fruit, maybe some soups, cold pastas etc

No comments:

Post a Comment