Here we go.....




Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tacos

What fun it is to cook now! I look at my stockpile and I'm like hmmm what today?

tacos!

The best corn tortillas in the world are at the stinky asian market in Nashville. They almost have a floral scent to them. They are FANTASTIC crisped up in pan before eating (which I learned tonight - the ones in my pic were not crisped and I scraped off the toppings and tried again).

In my food processor I threw in a handful of cilantro stems, half an onion, chili power, cumin, garlic, lemon and a roma tomato. I added about a pound of sliced raw chicken breast and let it rest for 2 days in the fridge. Cooking was a breeze, I just dumped it in a skillet.

And because I fed my boy and my Mom, there is just one taco left. That is SO exciting. With one adult, and one little kid in the house, we have a LOT of leftovers. I get so tired of them. Instead of ten meals this month - shoot - we might have eleven! lol

(I also cooked bell peppers and onions and added a ton of fresh cilantro.)

No comments:

Post a Comment