Here we go.....




Saturday, April 23, 2011

Oh Good Grief

So I haven't been subtracting my stuff. I've just been merrily spending what i want when I want.

And you know what? My budget is blown. As we approach month 5 this is what I see...

I have used up 62.63% of our grocery money. In 1/3 of the year. The main issue with this is, I used to spend $40 a week and things would be wasted. Just for fun, I compared some old receipts to this year's prices. Pennies here, pennies there, add up to almost a 15% rise in prices. So dropping it to $30 wasn't smart and I'm going to run out.

I have used up 68.31% of my mad money. A lot of that was car repair and a ton of that was biz supplies. I had better get a move on selling fluff.

My gas is half gone. Even when you don't drive a lot, a 25% rise in gas prices hurts.

Eating out is in the negative by $30. So any more eating out will have to come from my mad money. What little is left.

So summary. I suck this year. Bad.

But to be a little upbeat, I do have enough supplies to produce $15-20,000 of bows and tutus. So I just have to resist the urge to buy more supplies until I start moving product.

If my fluff doesn't sell, I will have to move money around. I can already move the wedding money back into mad money, we aren't getting married until next May. We've chosen a local location and I've always wanted a May wedding so it's pushed back a few months. And seriously, even though my house sold, we still have his condo to sell and my house to work on. We won't get it all done by Oct!

And because we won't be doing a honeymoon in Oct, I will have some leftover vacation money, about $1400. Even if we do a week in Oct at the beach, that is just $400 so I potentially have 1K to move.

And I guess I can keep some of the house money out for everyday bills. But that isn't what it is for. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment