Here we go.....




Friday, April 15, 2011

Spending - Week Fifteen (April 9-15)

First, I'd just like to say I'm super proud of me for even blogging to week 15. I have the attention span of a gnat.

Second, I am spending like a maniac. I think the joy from not losing tons of cash every month has really set in. I am not even sure what I'll do with the money. Responsible Kim likes to remind wild Kim:

YOUR NEEDS

In retirement, you will need $20,000 a year in income. (Because of inflation, in 2020, that will be equivalent to $26,095.)(<--this is my income contribution to the house expenses when married, we've figured it all out on paper - our house will also be 100% paid off)

Part of that income will come from your Social Security and/or pensions. To produce the rest, you should build up your nest egg (including your 401k, IRA and other savings accounts) to $340,655 by the time you retire. (In 2020, that will be equivalent to $444,478).

YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING THERE

To save $340,655, your investments need to gain an average of -0.70% from now until retirement. We estimate that there is a 99.90% chance of this happening. (awesome possum)


Anyhooo, this is based on me sticking the house proceeds into my retirement account, still maxing out my 401K and putting 5K a year extra into my IRA. Looks good on paper. But bad Kim wants a beach condo. I am very undecided.

9- Saturday - fed Mom because she is helping me move, $20. Bath stuff and donation at Kroger 10.58. Paid $43 for April Ballet and $100 for July Ballet camp.

10- Sunday - Taco Bell 4.37 - fast food on the way to the other house so I could pack and clean.

11- Monday - clothes from target (3 shirts for me me me!!), flip flops from target (for DD) $32.19. $19.39 @ michaels for biz stuff, hobby lobby 2.94, even more biz stuff.

12 - Tuesday - 2 cups, 50 cents, breakfast at mcdonalds 3.83, biz stuff from crafter store 12.78, Statue of Liberty tickets $31. Burger King 3.29, $82.07 Kmart for capris (some of these will go back, I bought 2 sizes)

13 - Wednesday - playdate tacos with the girls 6.93

14 - Thursday - groceries & gas (charges are pending, groceries were $80ish, rant coming soon), Turbotax $82.07, biz supplies $168.05 (why yes, I have blown like 1K on biz stuff and have only made $216...stop adding it up!), $16 for a custom shirt for natalie to match her tutu...which I made with my business supplies. I am my own best customer.

15 - zero? really? finally!

I sold $13.88 in bows so I'll add that to the bottom.

I also did my taxes and have $4835 coming back to me. That is the last of my adoption credit, they changed the law this year so I got the rest of it back in a big chunk. I've been working through that credit for years! I am putting it into an IRA so I actually need to earn another $165 because I did some money manipulation to fund it before the deadline so it would count for last year. And I put in 5K. Ya, that didn't make a lot of sense when I typed it, just go with it.

I have a bow show next week. I am also making wholesale marketing packets for my bows to take to NYC. I figure worse case, I'm out ink, paper and a few bows.

This weekend I am renting a uhaul to move the few items I had at the house that sold. Salvation Army and the termite inspection dude comes on Tuesday. I am going to mow one more time. Then I never have to go to that part of town again. It is very exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am fellow DS mama! I really like your blog! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete