Here we go.....




Friday, April 8, 2011

Spending - Week Fourteen (April 2-8)

Despite spending GOBS of money this week, I have had a FANTASTIC week. Why?

I sold my house! :happy dance: It has been half-a$$ed for sale for 10 months and with a realtor for 6. Today I sold it by owner to a guy who saw it on zillow while looking up a different house. He saw it at 10am and signed the contract at 3pm. I sold it for $900 less than my asking price. Life is good!

So my three huge purchases of the week were not budgeted. And one of them should have been.

You know what I'm missing? A car repair fund. My clutch was popping and so sticky so I took it in thinking the whole thing was going bad. Plus I had a screeching sound when it was cold and I cranked the wheel too far one direction. I ended up getting a new piston, a new part on my axle that had busted and new brakes for a little over $500. But the mechanic said my car was in great shape and should last easily the 2 extra years I want it to (it is 11.5 yrs old).

The ribbon is a biz thing, I fully expect it to pay for itself in the next few months.

Natalie got a new bed. She needed the extra space so I went with a jr loft. Now half of her toys fit under the bed and she has a lot more space.

Let's see, my grocery spending is out of control. So is our fast food consumption. It's because I've been so busy every stinking minute that I've not had time to prep or cook. Poor excuse I know. Every hour of the past two weeks has been planned out. On paper. yikes.

Sat - bed $141.26 rest of walmart groceries 33.99, 4.47 mcds
Sun - zero
Mon - walmart run, cat liter coffee pot, pineapple, beet chips etc 40.59
Tues - train ticket $77, bk 5.35
Wed - car repair $508.57, ribbon 606.58 (ya you read that right, I'll explain in another post), gas $43.13, $26.20 ribbon thing, mcds 4.96, dollar general 2.74
Thurs - $1.50 car wash, look for food city receipt
Fri - pizza for playdate $1.41 breakfast

On my bows, I am pleased to say I have found a store to sell them in. She told me they were underpriced for her clients so even after you take out her %, I am making more per bow that what I would at another consignment sale. I also put them on etsy to try to sell them. My purchase this week consisted of 35 solids colors for my favorite bow. I already had 34 colors and with 2 duplicates, should have 67 different colors. Seriously, if one of my bows doesn't match your clothing..well it's not happened yet.

So for the year, I can see the grocery, hba & eating out columns hitting the dust first. So that means I am going to have to work work work on this hair stuff and make some more money to add to these columns.

Oh ya, and I made 475.55 at the consignment sale. I will add that to the extra money section.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment