Here we go.....




Thursday, December 30, 2010

2 important money things

One - the power company cut down the tree that I planned to cut down in 2012. Estimates were in the $500s. However, a couple of weeks ago, this tree was coated in ice and bent into the power lines and caught on fire. In the rain, covered in ice. I should have filmed it. The fire traveled up the power line to my transformer and torched it. And knocked out power to the whole neighborhood. Oops.

So to prevent that from happening again, the power company started hacking away at it today. It was about 2-3 stories high and very wide. It was the type of tree that constantly shed sticks and always had limbs falling out of it. A locust tree maybe? (is that even a species? lol). They got it all the way down to a 15ish foot thick trunk. They will be back in the morning to finish the job. The $500 job. The one I don't have to pay for :)

bye bye tree! I won't miss you, I won't miss the 200 sticks you drop every month, I won't miss the weird bark that peels and drops off. Oh and the leaves? try to make your ugly brown leaves now wahahaha

Two - I think I have sold my car. I've had two cars in the 20 years I've been driving and I own them both still. My 1989 16th birthday gift is going away soon. The car my Dad gave me and just loved. It's going to a restorer. I could have it restored myself for about $6,000 and that would give me a car that would run for several years. But its not the type of car that a 36 yr old woman with a little kid who is pining away for more kids needs. I'll get anywhere from 1-1.5K for it. I'll know more tomorrow. The main thing is, I won't feel guilty about the neglect anymore, my Dad loved that car. And its going to a better home. Kind of like a farm for cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment