Here we go.....




Sunday, December 26, 2010

Meal Plan Monday December 27, 2010

Meal plan didn't go as planned last week. My boyfriend took us out one night and we ate the leftovers for lunch. One night I had to do a burger king run because I was out finishing up stocking shopping. Now that the Christmas rush is over, we should be better.

Edit: I just dug through our fridge and pantry. I totally forgot about the loaded mashed potatoes from Christmas that we needed to eat (soooo good). Then the little one requested more chili so I was able to dig through the freezer and pantry to come up with everything I needed there too. So meal plan Monday - take 2!

Um - take like 8. I don't know why I plan meals when I can't stick to them?

What we'll be eating:
Monday
Breakfast - french toast & juice
Lunch - canned turkey chili on loaded mashed potatoes (freeze rest of potatoes)
Dinner - lentil/sausage chili on rice

Tuesday
Breakfast - Raisin/pecan oatmeal
Lunch - salad with shredded chicken, cheese, egg, peas & carrots (DDs favorite btw)
Dinner - lentil/sausage chili on rice leftovers (freeze rest for Sat lunch) & salad - taco bell. I suck. $5 blown.

Wednesday
Breakfast - Oatmeal or cereal, will let the little one pick
Lunch - salad with shredded ham, cheese, egg, peas & carrots egg salad sandwiches - I let the kid choose - she really likes eggs - we also had some of the lentil chili
Dinner - spaghetti & frozen veggies & salad In a week moment, we went out for Chinese with my Mom. I have to try to curb that in 2011. $12 blown.

Thursday
Breakfast - sausage, eggs, grit & cheese casserole I'm not going to make this. We have so much cereal and oatmeal to eat up.
Lunch - salad with shredded chicken, cheese, egg, peas & carrots
Dinner - beef tacos & leftover veggies from Monday night (ground beef from last week is now gone!) & salad Date night! The boy is going to feed us! woohoo lol (actually he feeds us one a week if not twice, I should have planned for that).

Friday
Breakfast - french toast & baked apples
Lunch - sausage, eggs, grit & cheese casserole leftovers (freeze all leftovers) - use up the last of the lentil/sausage chili - try to freeze it and not toss it - I'm already sick of it.
Dinner - at boyfriends - party

Saturday
Breakfast - omelets
Lunch - lentil/sausage chili on rice leftovers & salad - please nooooo more lentils! I'll make the salad extra fancy somehow.
Dinner - ham, corn, green beans, cooked cabbage & leftover baked apples & salad (freeze cabbage)

Sunday
Breakfast - Oatmeal or cereal, will let the little one pick
Lunch - chicken tacos & salad (if the salad has lasted this long lol)
Dinner - at Moms

I will need to buy:
Milk (3.44)
tub of lettuce (4.78)
eggs (1.64)
a head of cabbage (X 2 - 1.36)
loaf of bread (.78)
chips ($3 for 3 cans of pringles on special)
ham (2.98)
3 chicken breasts ($3.28)
4 apples ($1.90)
bag of frozen peas (.87)
This all came out to $27.60 with tax. The only thing that might roll to next week is some of the ham. They had a special on a non-lunchmeat pack for $3 a pound. It actually looks like real ham instead of weird rectangles. Oh and the cabbage, I plan to cook it all and freeze the leftover. It was 25 cents a pound and I got 5-6 pounds.

What I'm using from our stockpile:
butter
bread
syrup
eggs
carrots
fruit (we have tangerines & apples from last week)
the GB from last week
tortilla shells I found in the back of the pantry
oatmeal or cereal
some cheese from last week
salad dressing from last week
turkey sausage X 2 (I'm down to like 2 of these, oh joy oh joy!)
6 small cans of tomato sauce (I am so glad to see these go, I'm overstocked and have been for a year)
2/3 bag of lentils
bell peppers from freezer
bag of veggies from freezer
onions
grits
chili seasonings X 2
can of chili
corn
green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment