Here we go.....




Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cheap Clothes for 2011

I had a fight with DD one morning about what she was going to wear. It was a top and jeans, a princess top no less. But she wanted to wear a dress with her jeans, she wears that type of stuff a lot. Well, I was behind on laundry and didn't have what she wanted clean. So she pitched a huge fit and I realized I was dressing my kid in stuff she didn't like. Later that day, we went through all her clothes. She vetoed 50% of them, all the same type of stuff. She only wants bottoms if there are dresses with them, she only wants tops if they are with skirts. The fluffier/sparklier/shinier/pinker the better.

So I felt rotten. I've bought her whole next summer wardrobe already. Its basic stuff, I thought it was cute, she isn't going to think so.

So I am going to rethink her clothing choices. She normally has 20-30 outfits because I pay a buck or two for them. I think now, I am going to pare it down to 7 outfits. I'll have to by a few things to bling them out for her but that is ok. I remember being little and having to wear clothes that I thought were ugly. I won't do that to her too. It will cost more per outfit but we won't be doing the mix and match separates anymore.

So anyway, I am now going to add a ton of her summer stuff to the consignment sale in March.

This is what I bought her last week for her stockpile. It all met with her approval. The blingy capris (arizona nwt) go with her princess tshirts for next summer. The dress (old navy) is long enough to wear alone. The ruffle sweater (mary kate) goes over her ballet leotard. So does another white cropped sweater than I didn't get into the picture. The burgundy shirt & skirt (gymbo) are for this year, the meet her criteria because the skirt twirls. The pink skirt (gymbo) is really big but it sparkles so I'll save it.

(please ignore the unmade bed lol) So this was my $6 splurge. There will be another $1 tag sale in Feb, it should be winter styles.


Clothing balance remaining $586.48

No comments:

Post a Comment