Here we go.....




Thursday, December 30, 2010

Breakfast Math

1 big container of oatmeal, $2.04, for 31 days worth (not that I can eat it everyday for 31 days but that is the measurement lol). So seriously, if you are poor, oatmeal in a big canister is the way to go.

But who eats naked oatmeal? We all know that sugar, cinnamon, fruit, etc = extra

BUT

Thrifty alternative = mixing in stale raisin bran while it cooks.

Consistency? Slimey? Check!

Fruit? Check!

Sugar? Check!

Kid eats it? Check!

On a different topic, for those who remember my kitchen remodel, this is the granite tile I chose that ended up being about $400 less than laminate. When I get done with all of it I'll take pictures. My 3 month remodel has turn into 12-15 months lol

Its the little stupid things that thrill me. When the raisin bran is gone (and the worse part is, this is the good kellogs stuff, not store brand - why didn't I roll and clip the bag?) I am moving on to bigger things....

I got 9 boxes of kashi honey nuggets of doom on sale for 90 cents a box. I now know why it was so cheap. It's awful, dry, hard little pellets - but wait! With a touch of honey. And the meal is organic. Yippe skippy, pass me the honey combs.

So I am going to get rid of the Kashi cereal of doom one 1/4th cup at a time in our oatmeal. I should probably just throw it away or better yet donate it, but its really the first item I've bought in a long time that was organic darnit. And the box was like 100% recycled and everything. And I DO like opening my cereal cabinet and seeing boxes stacked all the way up. It makes me feel rich!

Anyway, we'll see how far I can hold out before I donate the rest. But I'm pretty determined - Kashi will not win! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment