Here we go.....




Tuesday, February 15, 2011

$1,248.72 - ouch (and other stuff)

Eeck! lol

I've apparently had my student loans for 5 years now and my super cheap payment is no more. I have to pay $162 a month. The yearly difference? $1248.72. Um...ouch?!?!

I was talking to a guy, from who knows where, who was trying to console me about the payment. I was like....dude what is my interest rate? 2%. Then I'm good. I don't care if I pay $162 for another 15 years as long as the rate is so low. He was actually like "14 years 10 months" in a peppy little voice. Lay off the coffee call center guy!

Anyway, it seems like I'm constantly changing my spending categories. I'm not sure if that is normal or not.

My bedroom remodel is being moved into the 20K remodel project (which isn't coming from my yearly budget, it's complicated lol). So is the roof. With all repairs, expansion etc, I don't want to have more than 70K in my house. If you put on a 3K roof plus a $500 bedroom, that will push me over. I know I'm being paranoid but I don't want to price my house out of the neighborhood. It is a street of little cottage houses and my basement expansion is going to make it huge compared to most. But if I can keep it under my tax assessment (often used as a guideline in my area for appraisals etc) then I am comfortable in improving my little cottage.

I found out my medical is going to be $260 instead of $279.64 so I'll fix that.

I discovered my house for sale had a $200 credit on it's budget billing power account. So I had them move that to the house we live in. And our bills really are running $107 avg and I've got that $200 buffer, so I am reducing the power column down to $1284.

Netflix is actually running $10.94, I forgot about tax.

Just to be anal, my cable modem is 19.99 instead of 20 a month.

School Supplies/Learning Materials column got a little less complicated. My Mom can now watch Natalie on Thursday, the day I lost from daycare. So $1538 is an insane number for this section now. I know I'll have to buy classroom supplies, but I think I can do that out of my mad money. My goal was to have more columns but it seems like my misc one is getting bigger and bigger.

I think that is it. I have a lot of work to do in my sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. I'm changing my budget every month. I think its normal to change it up frequently to keep on top of what is actually being spent.

    ReplyDelete