Here we go.....




Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm feeling rather smart (and frugal)

I bought 4 awesome pillows at TJ Maxx several years ago. They were slipcover style with a duck feather insert. Super nice, I loved them.

Till my cat yaked on them. And me, being the young-non-martha-stewart type, tossed them in the washer.

Oops

Ever washed a feather pillow? Imagine a big stinky dog. Like the size of a house. So I pulled out the inserts, tossed them and rewashed the outer covers and put them away.

I never got around to getting new inserts. I had no idea pillow inserts were so expensive. I was saving up money for Natalie's adoption and I didn't have $10 to stick in a pillow. I thought I'd just stuff them with something else. Um ya, I never did that. Until tonight!

A couple of weeks ago, I posted that I bought Christmas stuff at Dollar General. They had marked everything down to 25 cents. That's my kind of sale. I bought 8 of these:


See where I'm going here? I squeezed them in the store and thought..ooooooohhh...squishy like a pillow. I flip over the bag and guess what? 100% polyester. The same as polyfill.

Score!

So I used 4 of my bags of poly fill to go from this:



to this:



For $1, my favorite pillows return! Yay me! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment