Here we go.....




Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cheap Party Favors

So I didn't make the hats. I just couldn't get a good pattern made out and I ran out of time. Then Natalie asked for a ribbon wand like Angelina Ballerina. So I thought - sticks - ribbons - glue...I can SO do that.

I spent $1.06 on wooden dowels at walmart. They came in a pack of 8 and were various widths and about a foot long.

Remember my cheap ribbon? First I picked out 4 of those spools. A couple of mine weren't full, I'd say if you were buying ribbon, you'd need 1 full spool per wand. Hobby Lobby has this ribbon for $1 on sale all the time. My cost? About 50 cents for all of my ribbon because of that fab deal.

I used hot glue to cover the dowel with ribbon. Then I took three strips of ribbon, folded them halfway and sewed them on the crease. I glued them pointing down (to have 6 streamers instead of 3) then wrapped another ribbon around the tip to hide the sewed part. The longest streamer was about 2 feet, the shortest, about a foot. It is hard to see, but I have ivory, pink and turquoise streamers and yellow on the dowel. I was trying to use up open spools.

The hairbows were from my etsy store collection. I'll be selling triple loop bows for $3 soon. I've been saying that for a couple of months now...sigh....

Anyhoooo - sticks + ribbon = 3 favors for $1.56. And they really liked them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment