Here we go.....




Monday, February 28, 2011

Nashville Grocery Shopping - Wowsa

I am waiting for all the charges to come through on my card. I think I spent about $420 on HBA and groceries this weekend. We visited Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Costco and Aldi.

I've been having cooking issues, that is why we've been going out so much. I needed variety, I needed something different. So I went a little nuts. Part of me was like nooooo don't do it! Then part of me was like its not the end of the world, buy your stupid groceries (those darn voices again). Instead of spending $15 on Chinese, I'll grab some of the chicken I cleaned and froze and I'll make a quick sauce with some of my new goodies and take care of that craving.

The bulk of what I bought is stuff I normally don't get. I am interested to see what sort of new things I can come up with :)

Please keep in mind, anything from Costco was like huge! The pictures are misleading you know? (and ignore the unfinished countertop, maybe I'll get that done in March).
25 pounds of rice for like 7 bucks. I love costco.

A kajillion craisins, 4 shaving gels, a dried fruit/nut medley, 2 pds brussel sprouts & coffee filters for like 2 years. (not pictured, a huge bag of trashbags and a new rice cooker).


1.5 liters of organic olive oil, 4.5 pds of raisins, 3 pds almonds, 2 pounds of jerky, 2 huge jars of baby dills, 50 ounces of kisses (the huge jars of dills were the same price as the little jars at home - we love them and I never buy them)
Some fruit/veggie juice I got because it looked good. Organic whole wheat pasta, organic maple syrup (big bucks), everyday spice, 2 pds organic fancy rice, 1 pd walnuts and a TJ bag

This is trader joes loot (in hind-site, I should have shopped at costco first)
9.2 pounds of whole bean coffee..heee heee heeeeee (4 teeny new bags of star bucks are going back to walmart- that $30 actually pays for 3 of the 4 bags above. Lesson learned - coffee at costco is CHEAP!)
This is also costo except my violets from kroger.
2 of the lemon juices are for my Mom (Costco). The bags are my whole foods bulk buys. Everything is organic. I got about 3 pounds of chick peas, some wheat berries, cheese snack crackers, popcorn, steel cut oats and black beans.
Asian market - cilantro, red bell peppers, ginger, shredded black mushrooms, red potatoes
Lots more red peppers. Hoisen sauce, sweet soy, regular soy, tahini & adobe (mom). Also a nice tray of shallots.
2 packs of the best smelling corn taco shells in the world. I have to subdivide them and freeze them. 1 pound total of shitake mushrooms (expensive!), 2 pds red lentils, 12 ounces of dried hominey (never bought this before, it has a soup recipe on the bag that sounded good) & 2 kids of rice noodles.
aldi, 99 cent tomatoes, 99 cent onions, cheap bananas, 3 peppers for 1.50, 2 pounds of carrots for a buck & I think the seasoning packets were 39 cents. I was in cheap food heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment