Here we go.....




Saturday, January 15, 2011

Birthday Plans for my little Natalie

My little one turns 4 on Feb 1st. It seems like she was just a little baby yesterday. But seriously, the older she gets, the better she gets. Sure, baby drooling Natalie was pretty darn cute but she pooped in her pants, cried for no reason, got carsick, and threw her toys. 4 year old Natalie is 95% self sufficient, brilliant and 100% verbal. Fun too!

Last year we visited the mouse, not the good mouse, the cheap mouse, chuck. We had 10 of her little daycare friends there. I blew like $100 on tokens and food and make tutus for everyone as a party favor. It wasn't a bad use of money, I certainly couldn't have fit that many people in my house.

So I was going to mix things up this year and take her to a bounce house type place with 2 little friends (her BFFs forever don't you know). Then I found out I couldn't bring in cupcakes. She almost cried when I told her that so we are back at the mouse again this year. She is thrilled. Me - meh - lol

I have $120 allotted for her birthday. This is what I plan to spend/have spent:

  • $16.73 on 2 Leapster games. Dora was discounted for like a day on the Leapfrog site. Yay leapfrog! :) I also got a word building game.
  • $0 on the shoes I've already bought and counted in the clothing allowance. I am so cheating.
  • (Stephen has bought her a tag book, stickers and a hoppity ball. Nana has bought a Leapster. So even though my stuff isn't a lot, she is getting quite a bit.)
  • $3 cake mix and frosting. I already have the sprinkles she likes.
  • $0 decorations - last year I did a princess theme. I have one pack of plates left and another pack of solid purple Halloween plates to supplement (25 cents booyah!). I also have extra party hats, a pack of napkins, goodie bags and a tablecloth. I also have regular pink balloons. I asked her if still liked these and she was like oh ya. Score!
  • $4.38 on mylar balloons from dollar tree, one for each year.
  • $1.10 wrapping paper. I am out of birthday paper and was unsuccessful in finding solid colored Christmas paper on clearance.
  • $0 invites - I used facebook - is that cheap or hip?
  • $5 princess party favors (a post all by themselves!)
  • $50 - 2 $25 coupons packs. Includes 2 large pizzas and 150 tokens.
  • $5 - I'm probably not supposed to, but I am bringing some organic juice boxes.
I am at $85ish now. $35 wiggle room? YES! lol With 3 weeks to go until the party, this is the point where I normally add things. In my mind I'm like ooohhh I can spend $35 more? wheee!

But seriously, she doesn't need it. At this point I might make a second batch of cupcakes to take to daycare. But presents? Wowsa. She got enough presents for 4 kids for Christmas. I'm a sucker for pink glittery kid things (Santa and Nanaclause are too).

No comments:

Post a Comment