Here we go.....




Sunday, January 9, 2011

Meal Plan Monday January 10, 2011

My meal plan last week didn't work at all. I am still getting into my groove on how much food to actually make so we won't throw anything away. We are really eating up the leftovers!

This week I need fewer meals.
For 6 breakfasts, we'll stick to cereal & bananas and oatmeal & apples/pears/raisins.
I will need 5 lunches
Lunch 1 - chili soup from prior week from the freezer
Lunch 2 - Tomato soup, grilled cheese and raw carrots
Lunch 3 - tuna pasta salad with peas and carrots
Lunch 4 - egg sandwiches and probably apples because we have several from last week
Lunch 5 - DD will be at Nanas during the week one extra day. That day I'll just eat soup or leftovers, I'm not picky.
I will need 5 dinners
Dinner 1 - kung pao chicken stir fry
Dinner 2 - spaghetti
Dinner 3 - spaghetti leftovers
Dinner 4 - baja chicken pasta
Dinner 5 - Baja chicken pasta leftovers

DD will be in heaven, 5 noodle dishes in one week. I'll add veggies to these meals to balance them out. We'll also snack on fruit. I'll use chicken and turkey sausage in the spaghetti & baja chicken to just get rid of it. I like to cook both and whirl them around in my food processor to blend it really well.

This week I bought.....
cheetos - $2
navel oranges (6) - 1.98
bananas (6) - 1.15
2 pounds of carrots - 1.24
OJ - 1.98
garlic bulb - .38
2 buttermilk ranch dressings (I got two because it is always sold out) - 2.36
a pack of M&Ms hehe - .50
Grand Total w/tax = 7.24 after I used the last 4.93 from my WM giftcard

I did forget bread which I'll pick up at the bread outlet down the street. I already have chicken and turkey sausage in the freezer. I wasn't in the mood for salad so I didn't get a tub of salad greens (that might change as the week progresses). We have milk & eggs too. My BF is bring 4 cartons of juice to me tomorrow that he bought us last night and another pack of bananas. Some girls get flowers, I get cheap groceries hehe

THIS is the month we eat the freezer down to ice cube status. The only thing I want in there are the diced peppers. We simply can't eat 25 of them this month. I think I can do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment