Here we go.....




Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sewing Fun

So this is the prom dress I bought today. We went to my fav consignment store to just wander and they had 100ish formals marked down to $10.

Almost every dress had flaws. This particular one has a lot of beading missing from the ribcage area and has a ton of loose threads. So not so perfect for a girl dreaming about a pretty prom dress but perfect for Mama fun sewing time.

My plan is to remove the skirt from the bodice first thing. Then the first three ruffles will be the main part of the costume skirt. I think for ease it will just have an elastic waist. Then the harder part is the top, I'm obviously not going to put my almost 4 yr old into a padded halter top. I envision some sort of tank top. She has also requested a cape which can be made with the matching lining. Its a lot of high quality fabrics for the $10. I'll post updates.

The skirt is pleated tulle. Doesn't that scream mermaid? lol

1 comment:

  1. That is very pretty. I cant wait to see what you make of it.

    ReplyDelete