Here we go.....




Monday, January 10, 2011

Oh ya...

There are 2 things I'm not going to be including in my budget this year. Both are pretty recent and occurred after I set up my budget for the year.

One - my basement is going to be finished. We are currently in a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, 1040 SF house. Perfect size for 1 adult and 1 little kid. But.....

I'm getting married Oct 1st (that's two BTW). As of now (I am trying really hard to talk him into eloping), we are having a family ceremony in Gatlinburg. We've set a budget of 2K, 1K each, we are too old to ask people to pay for our wedding. I keep telling him that 2K would buy that 1020p, 120h, 50+ inch TV he wants plus the kitchenaid mixer, food processor and blender that I want. Silly boy wants to have a ceremony in front of family. poo on him lol

So anyway, back to news one - 1040 is not big enough for a man with his own household plus me and 1 little kid. And hopefully several more little kids. We are converting my unfinished basement into living space. We are also building a room under the deck and front porch. We will end up with 2365 square feet. We are both contributing 10K towards the project and will do as much of the work as we can ourselves.

Getting married in Oct will skew my budget for q4 but I guess I'll worry about that later.

1 comment: