Here we go.....




Thursday, January 27, 2011

Groceries - Trip #2


Boredom is a very dangerous thing here. I picked the little one up from school yesterday and went to the grocer again.

I guess it was worth it, I got the brats for just 1.29 a pack and there are 19.something ounces in each one. Quick someone do the math - that's about a buck a pound right? lol I got 6 of them and I left three of the mexican sausage ones for someone else. I also left the same person (a single guy who looked longedly into my cart at MY marked down brats- in my head I was going na na naaa naaa naaaaa) have the big frozen pizzas and the marinated roast. The pizzas were $1 each and were deli style. But you know what? That's just junk food in a different form. The roast might have been fine at 1.49pp but it was HUGE and who wants to buy 4 pounds of meat that they might not like?

Let's see, lettuce was normal at 5.99 for a pound. The mayo was on sale for $1.99. I also picked up more bread rounds at the outlet bread store on the way home. I had the thought that maybe this was a limited time thing (my favorite things tend to disapear) and I should buy more. So I have two packs in the freezer now and we are working our way through a new one.

$16.19 at the grocer and $2.15 at the bread store. I'm over. Again. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment