Here we go.....




Sunday, January 16, 2011

Meal Plan Monday January 17, 2011

Third week of the new year already? Wow time is flying!

This week we'll need 6 dinners. Last week I did pretty well except the spaghetti didn't get made. That baja stuff lasted forever and my BF took us out for an extra meal. So I'm pushing it to this week.

  1. Spaghetti, made with the meat/veggie mixture I froze a week ago
  2. Spaghetti leftovers (I so hope this doesn't extend past 2 dinners)
  3. chicken veggie dumpling stew - made with frozen chicken stock from my chicken experiment
  4. raisin toast french toast and fruit
  5. ham/bean soup
  6. kung poa chicken
Shopping list
Milk
rice
fresh fruit
butter
pickles
cheese
celery if it is a good price (a nice addition to kung pao but not required).

I ran to the bread outlet today and picked up almost 20 fiber one bars, 2 bags of raisin bread, a bag of hoagie buns and 2 packs of HFC free whole wheat bread flats for about $14. So for breakfast we'll be eating through the raisin bread (plus oatmeal/cereal & eggs I'm sure), and for lunch we'll have sliced chicken breast sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, and hummus on toasted bread rounds.

And for once in my life, I am going to freeze things in advance. We can't eat 8 foot long hoagie buns so I am going to slice them and put them in the freezer for french toast. We also can't eat 2 loaves of raisin bread (it was a penny for the second loaf) so that is being divided and frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment